Thursday, June 10, 2004

Maddy didn't fall asleep tonight while I nursed her for the last time so I rocked her for a little while on the glider in her room. Then I quietly put her in her crib, covered her and left the room. She's been in there for about ten minutes now just "talking" quietly to herself. I'm waiting to see what she's going to do - hopefully she'll fall asleep on her own. That would be a good sign of things to come. If she needs my help falling asleep, I'll probably just take her to bed with me, feed her a little more and then put her in her crib once she's asleep, like old times. The "talking" has stopped. I'll give it a few minutes before I check on her and tuck in the blanket.

Tomorrow is my last day of work! I have to finish packing up my room, filing papers in the cum. folders and taking down my mobiles. Then I'm out of there for a while. Tomorrow Maddy and I have to go to the grocery store to get a double recipe of caramel apple salad for my Aunt Sharon's party on Saturday. I've heard that most of my mom's family will be there, and that's a pretty large clan. This will be the first time that a lot of them will see Maddy and Nathan.

O.k. so she's still awake!

No comments: