Thursday, June 04, 2009

No More Milk

After breastfeeding Max everyday of his 17 1/2 months, we are officially weaning. I have mixed feelings about it because I have really enjoyed this time with him and the bond that it has created between us. But I am also enjoying the freedom that comes with only eating and drinking for myself again. ;)

I knew that weaning him would eventually happen and that it would be bittersweet. I am facing the fact that I will most likely never breastfeed again since we are probably not going to have anymore children. So I am sad that we are coming to the end of a special time. But I am very proud of myself for being able to give him such a great thing for so long.

I nursed Maddy for 12 months and now Max for nearly 18 months. And I am so glad that I did that for my children.

No comments: