Sunday, September 12, 2004

Shopping Carts

Steve is coaching at a soccer tournament in Madison. He's been gone since Saturday morning. It was just Maddyson, Jackson and me this weekend. We had Maddy's swim class yesterday. As soon as we get into the water, she's thrilled. Her eyes get real big and she just wants to move around under the water. Nathan is really liking it too. Kollette was floating him around on his belly, and he was actually moving his arms and legs like he was swimming!

One of my goals this weekend was to try the new dollar stores that are in our neighborhood in search of things for my classroom. Last night after I fed Maddy we went to the one in St. Francis. Steve accidentally took the baby carrier with him to Madison so I couldn't use that to go shopping with which is our normal way of doing things. So I had to try her in the shopping cart. I knew they'd be smaller at the dollar store than the big honking ones that they have at Pick 'N Save. I put Maddy in, and she seemed o.k. She liked being pushed around the store. She sat there so nicely trying to take everything in as usual. Then this morning I thought we'd visit the other new dollar store (this one's by Target). The shopping carts at this store had little seat belts. Maddyson showed her excitement by yelling and bouncing through most of the store.

No comments: