Friday, August 27, 2004

Back to the Grind

My summer is officially over. I spent a few days this week getting my classroom set up. I saved today for Maddyson. We took a morning walk. Then tonight I took her to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a bridal shower gift. Maddy just loves being strapped into the baby carrier! I usually use it when we're shopping instead of putting her into her carseat in a grocery cart. She can see so much more with the carrier and just takes everything in wherever we go. Steve likes using it too. We've also used it at Steve's soccer games and in Chinatown, Chicago.

So anyways, teachers start on Monday and the kids come back on Wednesday. My classroom is so bare! Changing from kindergarten to a 2/3 multiage is a huge difference, and I'm hurting in the resource department. At least my room looks clean and organized. Yes, but bare and boring. I need to ask the PTO to help with a few things. I've already spent $100 and and not looking to spend much more of my own money. Easier said than done.

I'm a little divided about going back to work. I do look forward to getting out of the house again and having more on my mind other than feeding and napping schedules and things that I want to get done around the house. BUT I have truly enjoyed my summer with my Maddyson. I have seen her accomplish so many things these past 2 1/2 months, and I am so grateful that I was here to experience these things with her and give guidance when needed. This summer Maddy:
  • has come to enjoy tummy time!
  • started eating rice cereal and Gerber fruits and veggies.
  • started sitting in a booster chair for meals.
  • is drinking small amounts of juice from sippy cups.
  • rolls herself all over the place, from tummy to back and back to tummy.
  • played in swimming pools/wore sunblock (Banana Boat for Kids spf 30).
  • started sitting up (started in early August and can now sit without using her hands for support).
  • takes naps (usually 2-3 hours long)!

The list could go on and on. Everyday she shows us something new - sounds, reasons for giggles, strength. Just adoration from her mom and dad.

Today we finished another 2 hour video tape with our camera. I watched it off and on for most of the day. It's pretty much all Maddyson (and a little of Jackson here and there :) and every little thing that we thought was worthy of catching on tape. Pretty much everything that she does is worthy! It was nice to sit and watch all those little moments from the summer. Thank goodness we've captured them forever.

No comments: