Thursday, July 29, 2004

Another Week Gone By

We all survived the Chicago trip, and it wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be. Maddy did just fine with my sisters. Steve and I had a good time. We did a little shopping and watched the soccer game on Sunday. I had a glass of wine with dinner on Sat. night and then had a Long Island Iced Tea at the hotel bar. That's about all I needed.

This weekend was good for Maddyson to be with other people. I noticed this week that she is becoming more comfortable. She let Liz, Louise and a friend of Louise's hold her at the gyro stand at the lakefront on Wednesday. She let Kourtney and Grandpa hold her as well. She still likes to know where I am, but at least she's not pouting and crying right away.

Maddy does not object to tummy time at all anymore. When I put her down on the floor to play, she usually rolls right to her stomach. She is pushing up on her hands now and lifting herself nice and high. She is also pushing from her feet a bit. Sometimes she sticks her butt in the air. I think these are the beginning signs of crawling, but it will be a little while.

No comments: