Sunday, May 16, 2004

Spring Sprucing

This weekend we spent some time sprucing up the yard. Yesterday my dad and I went for our annual visit to Stein's and bought flowers to plant. I also purchased three small shrubs and planted them in the flower bed in front of the house. I didn't know what else to to with that space so small shrubs will do the trick. Steve laid a border in the small area by the hose on the side of the house. We are laying red wood chips there. He only bought one bag so this week he's going back to buy 2 or 3 more. So far, it looks nice.

We're Parents Now!

Last night Maddy fell asleep after nursing. I put her in her crib around 9:30. By 10:00 Steve and I were both falling asleep on the couch trying to watch the 2nd Harry Potter. We were in bed by 10:23. I told him I couldn't believe we were in bed before SNL even started. He said, "We're parents now!". We all slept until 8 this morning. We actually had to wake Maddy up to nurse because my boobs were as big as bowling balls! Well, the left one was anyways. :) After breakfast we went to Best Buy and grocery shopping and were home well before noon. Maddy sat outside on the porch while I planted a few more flowers. She never made a peep. She just sat there and watched everything around her and sucked on her fingers. She's been napping now for over 3 hours so I'm thinking about waking her up to feed her and play with her. We don't want her up all night now!

No comments: