Friday, April 02, 2004

Maddy's 2 Month Check Up

Maddyson had her 2 month checkup this afternoon. She weighed 10 pounds, 7 ounces. We were surprised because we thought she was at least 11 pounds. She was 24 inches long (in the 95th percentile)! We have a tall, thin girl on our hands. She is looking more mature. Can't believe how quickly they grow and change.

Everything went well. She's healthy, but she also had to have three shots. I helped hold her legs down while the nurse gave two shots in her left thigh and one in her right. Poor thing. She screamed each time. It didn't help that she was tired and fussy anyway. But she did fall right to sleep afterward. We gave her Tylenol before the appointment to help with the pain. I missed going to the Wave game with Steve tonight because I just wanted to be with Maddy. She shouldn't be going anywhere, and I really didn't feel comfortable letting anyone else watch her tonight - just in case. She's been sleeping most of the day since her appointment, only waking for feedings. I think that's best for her right now. No pain when you're sleeping. Right now Jack is laying right next to her on the couch. He's either trying to be close to her or trying to tell me that he's boss by laying in my spot.