Thursday, January 29, 2004

Well, we have some new news. On Tuesday night I went to my doctor appointment and was exactly 39 weeks. My doctor was concerned about my blood pressure because it was elevated. All throughout my pregnancy my blood pressure has been good so she took precautions and told me that I was to be on modified bed rest and could no longer work. So today was my second day at home. Tomorrow (Friday) we go back to the doctor to have my blood pressure checked again and if it is still elevated she said they would probably admit me and induce labor. Our bags are pretty much packed. We’re taking everything with us and dropping Jack off at my parent’s house before our appointment.
Last night, after my first day of resting, I started spotting and the contractions were just a little bit stronger than they have been. They are not painful yet, but they were a little more uncomfortable. Of course, I have barely felt any all day long today!
I have been keeping track of the baby’s movements. There is a lot of movement every night around 11:30. During the day I feel movement usually after I have eaten something. I just had a pudding cup and I’m feeling the baby a little right now too.
I’m not very nervous quite yet. I am really ready to get started with true labor. I want to have as much time at home with the baby as my maternity leave allows. I don’t mind being at home and taking it easy because I know it’s best for the baby and I. I just worry that it takes away from the days that I want to be with baby. I think I’ll be back at school by the end of March, right before report cards again. Yay!

No comments: