Friday, August 29, 2003

17th Week of Pregnancy

This past week was a busy one. I was back in my classroom getting it ready for the school year. I announced that I was pregnant at the faculty meeting yesterday. Everyone was really happy for me, and some said that they had a feeling I might be.
I’m in my 17th week, and I have been feeling the baby. At first I wasn’t sure if it was gas bubbles or what, but now I know it’s the baby! Steve wants to feel too, but it’s too early for him.
I bought some maternity clothes on-line at Oldnavy.com. They came in the mail today, and they are soooo cute. I bought a pair of black jeans, a pair of khaki cords and a denim skirt. $100 worth! I think I have a good set of clothes now, but I need a few more tops.
My mom lost her new job at Warner Cable. I feel awful for her. It was on my mind most of the day. She was not able to pass the final exam with a high enough score so they let her go yesterday. Now she has to get back to the job hunt again. She seemed to be worried about what she was not catching on to during her training, but it was still quite an upsetting surprise. Now my parents are once again without health insurance – the absolute last thing I would want for them. I’m glad she can pick herself up and keep going.

No comments: